Wednesday, May 16, 2007

2 Weeks



Today, Joshua and I took Andi to her two week well-baby appointment. Joshua has not been to this doctor's office since October and he was so cute being the big brother today. He kept saying, "Oh, I remember these toys," and "It's Ok, Andi. No pokes today." These phrases were followed by a very grown up laughter. It reminded me of the first time you visit your elementary school after leaving. The bathrooms seems so small and you feel so big. Joshua certainly showed that he was quite the professional today.

The doctor had nothing but great news about Andi. She now weighs 7lbs 15oz and is 21 inches long, both good signs of healthy growth. She is doing all of the 2 week old things. She coos and smiles at nothing. She is sleeping when we want her to eat and fussing when we want her to sleep. All the normal stuff. It feels really great to be normal!

On another note, please pray for Joshua's friend from the hospital, Charlie. He is now having complications with his recent transplant. Please pray that the very strong medicine he is now receiving will be effective. Charlie is really uncomfortable and actually cannot eat right now; these are hard days for him and his family.

9 comments:

jenni said...

I can't believe she's already 2 weeks old!! She's just beautiful & so sweet to hold....we will pray for Charlie. It was so good to see you last week...we really miss you as our neighbors. We love you!

Christy said...

We have been praying that you'd have some 'normal' days. I'm glad you've gotten there...even if it involves a fussy baby. Glad big brother is doing such a good job:)

Karen Martin Maher said...

What a blessing she is. She is so beautiful. Anna Grace said "Oh baby Andi-baby Joshua's sister" I can't figure out who she looks like?!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your prayers for Charlie. We figure the more the merrier. What is it they say about the squeeky wheel? :) He will have no choice to listen with all the prayers going up. I can not wait to meet Andi! I bet she is just precious. I'm glad you all are not inpatient, but we miss you when you aren't. There aren't as many kids to play with right now. Music time is usually just Charlie and Miss Jenny.
Take care and lets talk soon. My cell is 554-7041

Kim Porter
www.carepages.com
site name CharliePorter

Rhondi said...

Andi's birth announcement is precious! We just got it in the mail today! Look forward to meeting her soon!
xoox
rhondi

Jessie Weaver said...

It was so nice to meet you and your kids at the LAP picnic last week. They are precious!

Becky Dietz said...

Glad to hear the good news---that things are normal! Blessings on your family.
We're lifting Charlie and his family to the throne of grace!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been away on vacation but I continue to pray for the Kelley family and for little Charlie. It is such fun to read about your "adventures" with your precious children. Such little "normal" activities, yet they are blessings from our dear Lord. Thank you for sharing your life with us.
Love and Prayers,
Always, Joan

JP said...

No visit from Joshua today, missed you little man...Hope things are great with the Kelleys!