In preparation for our third child's arrival, I took the time to create small albums (no Creative Memories...sorry ladies, just pictures) of Joshua and Andi's baby pictures. I sat down and walked through each one with the kids telling them the stories of when they were born, who came to visit, and about all the time that we were able to spend cuddling and loving on them as babies. It has been a really sweet time and they both can now sit down with their own books and share their "memories" of when they were born.
Below is one of my favorite pictures that I came across while making Andi's album. It is my mom and dad gushing over Andi when she was about 2 months old. As my dad continues to grow more frail with his disease, memories like these become stronger and sweeter. I can truly hear in the back of my mind the sound he would make when he tickled our babies' toes. It never failed to make them all laugh.
8 comments:
That's a great name! :-) And a very sweet picture...
love the name.
It['s a wonderful picture of your dad holding Andi. I can truly understand why you love it so much. Your dad is an amazing man. I love all of your Parkers so much...and love the name for your new son!! May God continue to bless you and your family during 2010.
Your cousin,
Brenda
I've always loved the name Christian. And Parker fits it like a glove.
The count down to baby is here, right? :)
Oh! What a great idea to make the baby photo albums for your kids They are going to be great with the new baby.
Can't wait to "meet" baby Christian. Don't you just love meaningful names? It will certainly be fun to tell your kids all the things about your dad that made him such a neat man.
So excited for you guys! Came here after I read on Facebook that you are having a baby today! :) I have enjoyed reading about your family a little more! Love your new baby boy's name! What a precious name!
Love you guys! Praying for you!
Ardeth commented how much she liked the way you came about the name for your new born son when she responded to my declaration of his birth. And it is so very precious. I even like the picture.
Can't wait to hold my eighth grandbaby and to see your dad someday hold Christian Parker Kelley. I hope you know how much I love all of you.
What a sweet picture! I have always loved that Joe Parker like he was my own! So great to see his face again. Congrats on that sweet baby boy. Can't wait to see him. Shawn Graham
Post a Comment