Sunday, February 07, 2010

Joshua's Surgery Tomorrow Morning

We've been chemo-free since late December. Tomorrow morning is sort of the final stage in Joshua's completion of his treatment as he's having a surgical procedure to remove the port from his chest.

When Joshua was first diagnosed with leukemia, one of the first things that happened was the insertion of the port. At least 3 times a month for the last 36 months, blood has been drawn and medicine given through it. It's attached to a ventricle in Joshua's heart and makes the taking of blood and receiving of medicine much, much easier.

Tomorrow it's getting taken out. And Joshua, for his part, is more nervous about this than any of the poison that's been put into his system over the last 3 years:

"They're going to do what to my chest?"

"With a knife?!?!?!"

Funny. But God willing, he doesn't need it any more.

5 comments:

amy wright said...

I'm praying for him and for his parents.

Amanda Conley said...

I hope it went well! I'm so glad that this is the last step. Praying for fast healing!

JP said...

I pray that everything went well! Thanks for updating this blog and keeping me in the know. Hope he is well and I am so proud of him.

Emily Suzanne said...

Praying praying praying! love you guys!

Joan said...

I have missed hearing from you lately. You are in my thoughts and prayers, especially concerning this procedure.