Thursday, November 09, 2006

Home

We are celebrating sitting at our table on our couch with our little boy today. Joshua woke up this morning and his white cell count had more than doubled over night. So they sent us home! We're glad to be here and hope it will be for a few weeks, though we know we'll be back in the hospital soon.

Speaking of the hospital, it's an incredibly interesting place. Things, like privacy, that you previously valued quickly don't seem that important to you. For example, I had a conversation with a nurse in my underwear this week. (She sort of came in whenever she wanted.) The other intesting thing is that the 6th floor is a real community in and of itself. We have lots of new friends with sick kids. There does not seem anything more effective in removing boundaries than a hospital waiting area. There's not rich or poor people, or black or white people. In that respect, the 6th floor is pretty unique, and maybe even a little prophetic. So... that's one good thing about being there.

The bed's not so good, though.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was praying this morning that Joahua would be able to come home today. Huzzah!

Anonymous said...

Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Nothing like home
callie

Anonymous said...

yay! your own beds! i am happy for you.
love erin & ben

It's a Mom Thing said...

So glad y'all are home now! I hope you'll be able to get great sleep in your own beds and have conversations with people in clothes other than underwear. Blessings all around!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you guys are home. Praying for you two and Joshua.

Heather Wilson

Anonymous said...

We've been praying for you guys in school. All the boys miss Joshua in class, and we will continue to pray until he can join us again!

Marlene Cowan

Anonymous said...

God is good!

Anonymous said...

ony you would admit to the world that you had a conversation with a nurse in your underwear. that being said... it is totally, wickedly awesome the you guys are home!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are home now. One thing that I feel the Lord pressed on my heart the other day was your opportunity to share your witness with others. That was my prayer on Tuesday, that Joshua's care would allow other people to see Jesus in you and your family. We continue to pray for Joshua's healing and please know that there are spiritual warriors continuing the fight as well. What a great tool in prayer that God has given us.

P.S. In case you are wondering, I'm a friend of Brad and Cory.

Anonymous said...

I skipped a couple of days checking in-but not in my prayers for you and your family. The sun is shining although the wind is a little chilly here in NM. I feel as if I know you personally and you are such a good friend. It is wonderful to be home, I know. It sounds like you are making the 6th floor another "home". God bless you and keep you in His loving, merciful care. Love and Prayers, always, Joan

Wisdom or mere foolishness… said...

take it easy on teh nurses! the last thing we need is for them to get sick having looked at you in your undies! LOL

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful, so glad you are home. Truly there is no place like home. Keeping prayers up and going for you all.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're too busy having fun at home to blog a new update. Praying that time is tripled and the memories magnified.