JOSHUA
1. He is very affectionate. Joshua is constantly saying, "I love you," giving hugs and kisses, and asking if we can snuggle under a blankie.
2. His imagination is nonstop. Joshua is always thinking up a new game, a new song, or my favorite, a new script. If you stay and play long enough, he will give you lines to say as you play. For example: "Mommy say, 'Try hard, little (insert animal name here). You can do it.'" or "Andi said, 'That's OK. You can take my toy.'"
3. Nothing gets by Joshua. Somehow is able to sense everyone's emotions and then he always chooses to respond to them. If I sigh, he asks why I am upset. If I am crying, even a little, he tells me, "It'll be OK, mommy." If Andi is angry, he does a monkey dance to make her happy again.
4. He likes little moments. For Joshua, it doesn't take an elaborate production to get him excited. He is happy with a trip to Toys R Us to just look at toys or a drive to Sonic if we can all go together.
1. She has an innate ability to find the one thing in the room that you don't want her to play with and go straight for it at lighting crawl speed.
2. She lays her head on your shoulder after you have been holding her for a while. Not because she is tired, but because she is glad you are holding her (at least that's what I think).
3. Now that we have started letting her feed herself with small pieces of table food, she wants to do all of the feeding by herself. Can you say independent?
4. Some babies Andi's age have seperation anxiety from their parents, but Andi is just fine with us leaving her to stay with a babysitter. Andi does however, have separation anxiety from people in general. She is only happy if she is surrounded by people that love her.
3 comments:
hey! let definitely do lunch!!!! i can do any day except wed. i am working on my 8!!!
You guys have great kids! I miss seeing them at the clinic. Glad to see ya'll had a great holiday.
Great list! Joshua looks like he is smushing Andi to death in that top picture! Ha! Too cute!
I love the part about his "scripts." Kaleb's first complete sentence was a play script;
"You Sara, me Littlefoot. 'Hi Sara, I littlefoot. Do you want to play wif me?'"
Thanks for reminding me of that sweet moment!
Post a Comment