Monday, November 30, 2009

Going Home After All

Despite very low blood counts and a very compromised immune system, the doctors are sending us home. So, while we may not see any of you for a few days while we live in seclusion, we will at least be sleeping in our own beds surrounded by our winter wonderland of decor.

I tried to think of God's redeeming nature through this particular trip to the hospital. I was quickly reminded of all the people we were blessed to see here. We ran into some of our very favorite nurses from over the last 3 years. I had the chance to say a personal thank you to them as well as some of the administrators that have played a key role in taking care of us from the very start. The timing of this trip brought back some tough memories, but I was able to see God's unique hand in creating beauty from ashes. Joshua doesn't remember much about those first few months, but he does recognize that there are tons of people here at Children's that excited to hear him read, build Lego spaceships and especially to see his hair flopping around.

God's grace abounds.

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Maybe this was God's way of giving you the chance to thank all those nurses, etc. Praying for his counts to recover.

Our Family said...

Jana,
Yuck on having to go back, but maybe that was a form of closure. Glad to hear you guys are doing well for the most part, and my heat went out for about 12 hours and I was bummed. Several days, I can't imagine. I sent a sweet friend a link to this blog. Her 3 year old little girl was just diagnosed with cancer and you came to my mind. I felt the Lord laid you on my heart for a reason. So she may check you out, or may not but you and your family are a wonderful example of loving Christ in all situations. Hope all are feeling better!

Christi said...

Jana,
I missed all of this until now! I haven't been on the computer much, but we did miss Joshua on Sunday! Praying for a quick recovery! Hope we at least get to see you at CBS on Friday!
Love to your sweet family!
Christi

Anonymous said...

Jana,

One last trip....what a journey you have been through, but so thankful you are through it. Seeing your blogs, the writings, oh what a an amazing story, your life. I love you and your family tremendously and look forwrd to new stories, fresh stories, and I understand a new little one on the way....Be blessed, Cindy