Monday, December 21, 2009

Party Time

For 3 1/2 years we have eaten at Chick-fil-a at least once a week. We love their food and their service. Sadly, every time we were there, we had to tell Joshua, "I'm sorry, you can't play in the playground. The doctors know you could get sick too easily because of the medicine you take."

Yesterday, that all changed. The super kind manager at our local Chick-fil-a opened up their doors on a rare Sunday to allow us to celebrate Joshua's last chemo pill. Alongside Joshua's best buddies and some of the amazing people that have supported us over these difficult years, we counted down Joshua's five last pills. He swallowed them like a pro and ate the biggest piece of cake I have ever seen. It was a wonderful kid-friendly end to a super long journey.







7 comments:

Greg and Joy Ryan said...

It brought tears to my eyes. So happy for your whole family. What a journey!

knielsen said...

Yeah! Congratulations, Joshua! We are so happy for you. Jana, I love your cute round belly :). We miss you guys. Thanks for being so transparent and sharing this journey with the rest of us. You have been an inspiration of going through tribulation and hardship well, to God's glory. Thank you and we love you guys!
The Nielsen family

Danielle said...

yay!! congrats, that's so exciting! I can't believe how grown up he is! So I have to ask, did he finish that gigantic piece of cake?

Michael and Jana said...

He came really close to eating every last bite. If it hadn't been for the chance to play some more in the playground, it would have happened.

Christi said...

Congrats! What a WONDERFUL way to celebrate!
We are so excited for Joshua and your family!

Anonymous said...

words no matter how clever or great can express how much I enjoyed knowing about this day and then sharing some momments via this wonderful blog. Wish you were here, but soon we will be at your place helping spoil a new baby. I love, love, love all of you. Mom

Brantley Family said...

Tears of joy for such a WONDERFUL celebrations!!! We are so happy for Joshua!! Lots of love sent to all - The Brantleys