Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer Time

I love the summer. The weather is hot and wonderful. Our schedule is freer than any other time of year and the kids are excited everyday to find out what event I have planned for them. Sometimes we walk to a neighborhood park and never even get in the car. Most days we pile in and head to the pool, the library, or for a play date with friends. No matter what we are doing, I try to remind myself that these days are fleeting and to enjoy them as much as possible. Even if it doesn't look like that from the outside, that's what I'm trying to do.

Here are a few photos I captured of some of our summer fun. Strangely enough, I rarely remember my camera on days that we doing something memorable. That is just one my reason I love summer though...everyday feels big when you have great kids to share it with.

Look who found his toes.
Hopscotch at a local park.
"Thank you. Thank you, very much"
Joshua has played a bunch of baseball this summer. You can tell by how often he is in his uniform. He has had a great season with lots to be proud of.

These are an impromptu photo shoot I had to take because my kids looked so classically summery with pigtails, sunsuit, and baseball uniform. Very Americana.




Finally, this is Andi's reaction to the house this week. She was surprised to see it still broken. We assured her that in just a few short weeks we'll be back and it will be better than it was before.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Thank you for ENJOYING summer! It's such a treasure of a time, and what better treasure is there than time with kids!!
KarenD

JP said...

It's kind of freaking me out how fast they are growing up!