Tuesday, August 03, 2010

These Boys Are Growing Up

Joshua celebrated his 6th birthday this week. We had so much fun with it, we had two parties. Our family party and a friend party. At our family party, Joshua chose to eat Mexican food. Michael was more than proud of Joshua for his choice and declared that things were looking up in the birthday department when we actually agree on food.
When it came time to be finished with dinner, a crew of restaurant staff came running out singing Happy Birthday carrying a massive mound of sopapillas and ice cream. Apparently, it is a Las Palmas tradition to spread whipped cream on the birthday boy's cheeks. Joshua thought it was a grand idea.
As for the friend party, Joshua chose the exact same friends as last year. All church buddies and his cousin, Eli (who, to our delight, is also a church buddy). Joshua couldn't decide between Chuck e Cheese and a movie party. So, we said, "How about both?" It was a super fun night with subpar pizza, prizes and 3D Despicable Me.

Now for our other growing boy. Christian is now 7 months old. What a cutie! He is sitting up in the floor, in the bath, in the high chair or just about anywhere we sat him. I absolutely love this age everything is new and exciting and he doesn't move around enough to get into a wh
ole bunch of trouble. We are all enjoying some precious Christian moments right now.

7 comments:

amy wright said...

I love how Joshua and his buddies all have BOY t-shirts on. He is getting so tall (as far as I can tell by pics).
Christian looks like such a mix of Joshua and Andi.

emily said...

1. six?! what the heck!
2. Las Palmas...a boy after my own heart
3. Love that andi is carrying a little purse
4. that christian...another cute little kelley!
LOVE the update!

Anonymous said...

Nana loves all these up dates. So wish you lived closer and I would just come over, bring some zuccini bread for your breakfast and love on all of you. Joshua, I am so glad Joshua could celebrate so much for his birthday! Oh how I love you all. Nana

Anonymous said...

Hello. My name is Norm Walters, and I lead a college and careers study at my church. We're doing a Threads study called Connect the Dots, and the last lesson had an audio file with Michael being interviewed. I have a 2 year old godson who I love more than I have words to describe, and the story in the threads study about 2 year old Joshua and his battle with leukemia really hit me hard. I sat hear with tears in my eyes listening to it, and more than anything I wondered how he was doing now. It was a big longshot, but I decided to do a google search online, and stumbled across your blog. I was very happy to see the first post about Joshua celebrating his 6th birthday! What a wonderful blessing! ...I hope you don't mind my intruding briefly on your lives, but I just wanted to say thank you for your testimony as part of the Threads study and also to say I will be praying for your family.

God bless!
Norm Walters
nfwalte@verizon.net
Glen Burnie, MD

Amanda Conley said...

Joshua is so BIG!!! And so is Christian! I can't believe it. He looks exactly like Andi and that last picture.

Amanda Conley said...

I meant "in" that last picture. ha!

Liza said...

i cannot believe that joshua is 6! and i cannot believe that i haven't met christian yet and he is 7 whole months old! and i cannot believe there are no pictures of andi on this post! i need more updates like this so i won't miss you guys so much! everyone looks adorably happy! love you guys!