Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kindergarten

"For you did not receive the spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you have received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, 'Abba Father!'" Romans 8:14-15

I have prayed this life verse over Joshua many times in his life. Today it was so fun to see him, in his own sweet way, claim this verse. Joshua walked into his first day of kindergarten with a great deal of confidence. He was ready!

Now that he is there and off on this new adventure, I am praying not only that fear will not overcome him, but also that he would identify with Christ as his Abba daily. That the more time he spends away from home in this new setting, the more he will be able to sense the calling of the Holy Spirit on his life. I am so excited about this new beginning that tears have filled my eyes all morning. Not because of sadness or my own fear, but because of my gratitude to a Holy Father for answering our many prayers for Joshua's health and abundant life. God is truly good!

Here are the photos that capture our last 24 hours:
Joshua's choice for a celebratory meal before his first day. Mmmmm...whopper!?

Me and Joshua getting ready to take the 2 minute drive to school. Did I mention how glad I am that we are back in our neighborhood?

In front of the school.

With his new teacher, Ms. Silvertoothe. Priceless! I can't wait for her to get to know this little boy. Love him.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

so precious! i know he will do well!

Anonymous said...

Wow-y'all start school early. What a fun time - your first one in school. Glad you are back home too. Love, Mrs. Shawn Graham

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

What a handsome dude on his first day of school! He's gonna win that school over!

amy wright said...

I love his hair do! And every kindergarten teacher should be required to have a funny last name that is easy for the kids to remember.
I'm happy with you guys!

Nana said...

Nana wants to tell Joshua, "I am so happy to see you in such a good school with a sweet teacher." So happy Joshua is well, strong, and tall today!

Just wish I could hug each of you tonight a little tighter.
Love and Praise to Our God for this remarkable day! Nana

LB said...

So glad he had a great day and y'all are back in the neighborhood! Love his new hair, too! ;)

Unknown said...

tear. Seriously now.
the hair, the tucked in shirt with a belt -its all to much to take in.

Amanda Conley said...

That is so awesome and precious. God is amazing. Joshua is such a testimony to that.
Incidentally, I had a dream about you last night. We had a play date and I was going to meet Christian for the first time. I went over to where he was sitting and he climbed up my legs into my arms like a monkey! ha ha! And then you told me that you guys were moving to downtown Chicago to get away from all the Nashville gangs.
Whaaat??? Where did that come from?

Karen said...

Love your positive view toward kindergarten. It's a big step for a great guy. And you're cherishing it. Thank you!!