We find ourselves at home on this Resurrection Day because our doctors sent us home on Friday from the hospital although Joshua's blood counts hadn't gone up. Because they hadn't gone up, they sent us with specific instructions to for seclusion: no egg hunts, no church, no restaurants. So we have been hiding in our house and yard for the past couple of days.
Tomorrow (Monday) we go back to the clinic to check Joshua's blood counts and hopefully rejoin the world.
Tonight as I put Joshua down for the night we read the resurrection story. We have been talking about it alot recently, reading the Last Supper a couple of nights ago, then the crucifixion, and saving the Easter story for tonight. So there's the scene, as depicted in Joshua's children's Bible: the soldiers cowering in fear, the stone rolled away, the angel declaring that Jesus has risen, and then there's picture of the women when Jesus appears to them on the road as they're leaving.
Then there's Joshua's expressing himself: "He's back! Woo-hoo! They thought he was gone, but now He's back! And He is alive!"
Yes He is, son. Both then, and now.
4 comments:
i hope tomorrow is a good day! love ya'll!
I'm praying for you. I love Joshua's enthusiasm for Jesus's life! So beautiful!
still praying for you all. we love y'all!
jeremy & jessica
Joshua is the man. I think that would have beat half the sermons I have listened to lately. Is he available for podcasts yet?
Praying his counts go up!
Post a Comment