Tuesday, March 11, 2008

You've Never Heard Anything Like It



My friend and mentor, Dr. Robert Smith, Jr, recently preached at a church in our area, and I've sat weeping in my office for the last 2 hours. That's right, 2 hours. Here's what the big bad preaching professor did - First Baptist Church of Hendersonville has 3 morning services. Dr. Smith refused to repeat his talk. He preached 3 different sermons. The first one was a modest 31 minutes for the early crowd; the second was an hour and 15; the third was a strong hour and a half, and it goes by in a second.

I've been in church my whole life, studied preaching, and heard my share of great communicators. Dr. Smith is the best I've ever heard. It will be worth the time investment for you to listen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll need to check that out.

Andy P.

Allison said...

wow!

emily said...

so my boss goes to FBC Hendersonville and for our devotional on Monday morning he just hit some highlights from one of the sermons. I just listend to all three. The Lord indeed has perfect timing.

carriehayes said...

ok... i am looking forward to listening to him!

Anonymous said...

Ride on King Jesus. Ride on.

-Andy P.