Saturday, August 09, 2008

I'm Back.

I had the privilege of spending five days with my husband in New Mexico at Glorieta Conference Center. Since I grew up in New Mexico it was especially fun for the week to packed with childhood memories. It was also close enough for my sisters and their families to join us for a day. It was a wonderful week filled with lots of relaxation, Mexican food, and quality time with Michael. Since we've had children, I very rarely get to travel with Michael when he is preaching out of town. Thankfully Michael's parents offered to keep the kids and I was able to join him at this event.

I have always enjoyed the way that Michael preaches, but this week it was better than I remembered. Michael not only speaks truth with wisdom but also always emotionally attaches himself to the passage. You can listen for yourself here.

Upon returning home, I realized what a blessing it was to have Gram and Papaw stay with our children. Joshua stayed healthy the entire time, but Andi came down with the Hand/Foot/Mouth Virus. If you're unfamiliar with this dreaded affliction, it causes sores inside the mouth and throat as well as on the hands and feet. Needless to say, Gary and Judy had many sleepless nights and whiney days. Andi was nevertheless well-loved.


Apparently Michael and forget to take pictures when our kids aren't around. These are the only two we took all week.

3 comments:

Patient and Persistent said...

Jana, I read the comment about the "green sauce" from Michael's blog! That's funny... I was born in NM ~ White Sands, outside of Las Cruces... We went back a LOT when I was younger and since my dad grew up there he has this no-so-normal LOVE of green sauce! He still orders it from a local restaurant in Las Cruces!... Love it!!!

So sorry about Andi... hope she recovers quickly. That stuff if aweful. I am glad Joshua steered clear of it!

See ya soon! Breakfast?

jenni said...

i'm so glad you were able to spend some alone time together. so sorry andi was/is sick--i hope she gets better soon!

i think we both will have wednesdays free w/o the kids--what shall we do??!! puffy muffin meeting??!! call or email me & we can set up a time!!

Byron Hill said...

Glad to read that you guys had a good time out at Glorieta. Out of curriosity, what's your favorite restaurant in Santa Fe?

Byron Hill
LifeWay Conference Centers