Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We're Knights, That's Right


We survived the dreaded steroids week with no hiccups. One of the ways to help Joshua through these weeks is to provide distractions from the discomfort he is having. So, we go to the park regularly, visit the zoo, plan a trip to the pool, or whatever will balance his entertainment with his exhaustion. 

This week, we discovered that the Backyardigans were performing live on stage at TPAC. It was about knights and dragons, two of Joshua's favorite subjects these days. If you are not familiar with the Backyardigans, they are the coolest toddler television cartoon around. They sing, dance, and imagine with the best of them. I strongly encourage you to check them out. 

Joshua was disappointed that the "real" Backyardigans didn't come. They were just people dressed up like the Backyardigans. This did, however, provide a great distraction for Joshua and he came home singing at the top of his lungs, "We're knights. That's right." 

9 comments:

grits404 said...

another backyardigans family! i took hunter (my girl) to see the show last spring--we loved the backyardigans "real live" show. still have the shield, wore out our t shirt. i find myself singing the songs randomly. glad y'all had a good time!

sj

Amy said...

I'm glad that y'all enjoyed the show and I'm so, so glad that the week went better than expected.

Anonymous said...

Glad yall had a good time. I wish Syd liked them more. It is a pretty sweet show. And I am definitely jealous of the great backyard layout they have.
- Andy P.

It's a Mom Thing said...

Awesome! We are huge Backyardigans fans, too. I wish they would come to our town, but I guess it's too small. Glad he had fun and did well during a rough week.

Anonymous said...

We love the Backyardigans too!! Kelby is constantly singing their songs, and now Blakely sings them in a 1 yr old kind of way. I wish the Backyardigans would come to Amarillo. I think Kelby and Joshua would have a great time together! I am so glad Joshua enjoyed it. Happy things are going well!

Brea

Anonymous said...

I love hearing and seeing you all my children so much. I especially liked the pig tails and big wheels story and pictures. You are all so wonderful!. Jana, you will get a birthday card and gift next week!
I have a lovely God given gift, a friend. Nona. She meets me nearly every moring to walk and we had lunch last Friday. It is so nice to feel like someone enjoys your company. I love all of you so Much.
You are brave and courageous. mom

JP said...

That's fantastic. I still remember his costume from last Halloween as a knight.

Sarah said...

That was my favorite show when I was a nanny...I tried to get them to want to watch that one..you know instead of the wiggles...you can only hear Dorothy...Dorothy...Don't you want to Dance with me...so many times before wanting to lose your mind. I also liked JoJo's Circus and HiggleyTown Heros....:) I'm a dork.

Amanda Conley said...

Backyardigans are my favorite!! I'm a harsh child music critic...but the music on that show is great! Glad you guys got to go!