Less than two years ago my dad was sitting on the bench as a district judge. This terrible disease has caused dad's body and memory to deteriorate at a rapid rate. He has good days and bad days, but unfortunately the bad days vastly outnumber the good ones. And the good ones are getting less good.
Some days he remembers who everyone is; alot of days he doesn't. Some days he can pick out what he is seeing as a hallucination, and some days he can't.
So I'm in Texas a few days early, visiting some facilities, sorting through finances, and being a part of the decision-making process with my family.
Here is one of those parts of life you never really expect and aren't really prepared for.
12 comments:
Jana, I am so sorry. I wish I had Ramona's address in Canyon so I could write her. Our relationship with them goes so far back, even to when they were in Topeka. His parents were members of our church in Causey, NM He was our lawyer for years and helped so much when my husband died in 2001. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Praying for you all. Praying for many precious memorable moments in the middle of it all. May God continue to use you here, there and everywhere..... May He refresh you daily. love, holly
love you and your sweet family. i hate growing up and having to be a part in tough decisions that never seemed to occur when i was younger.
i'm praying for you specifically, for wisdom and a clear head to weigh your options. i'm also praying that you will know that you are not alone in this.
Jana, I am praying for you and your family. I have watched you through all you have been through in the last few years and have seen your strength. I pray that the Lord will continue to provide you that same strength while helping your parents. Please know that you are not alone; we are praying with you and beside you.
Jana, I will definitely be praying for you and your family as you make these difficult decisions. My mother was diagnosed in May 2006 with Posterior Cortical Atrophy which is basically a type of progressive dementia that starts with shrinking in the back of the brain. There is no cure and it will eventually turn into Alzheimer's as well. We know we will be making these tough decisions very soon too. I pray for peace for your family and that there will be more "good" days to come, especially around the holidays. God Bless you and your family!
-Jennifer Sides
i know it's been said, but i also know that it never gets old and there can never be too much - know that you are prayed over daily.
May God grant you peace and wisdom and moments of joy during this time. May you know your Father's love and presence as you tend to your father's needs.
*HUGS*
I'm praying for a strong sense of God's guidance and peace for you all today!
Oh Jana, this is so hard! I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I am praying for you and your mom and dad too.
hey friend! i've been thinking of you and praying for you often. praying that His peace will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus (phil. 4:7). thankful for you! much love!
Jana, I'm so sorry. I'm praying for you, your dad, and your family. I'm really, really sorry.
Jana and family,
Your dad means so much to us here at the District Court. He is and always will be a part of our family. We love you and are praying for all of you through your difficult time. God knows all and remembers all we go through.
Jana,
I have not read your blog in a while, and I saw this entry and the following ones about your sweet Daddy. My heart goes to you as you walk in this heaviness. Having walked there before, you are in my prayers.
Jennifer Pinkner
Post a Comment