Joshua now officially has a haircut like his PaPaw, which for both of them is pretty easy to care for. With his hair falling out (Joshua, not PaPaw - that happened long ago) we decided to trim it down to keep it from getting in his face. It was a hard decision because we both love Joshua's hair and have since he was born. But it will come back - just like his strength, laughter, and playful spirit.
Not much change in blood counts and we are therefore still in the hospital. Day 10. Please continue to pray for him in that respect. Also, as a reminder, this is week 4 of the "difficult 8 weeks." After those 8 weeks, Joshua will have a bone marrow test to determine just how effective the treatment has been. Would you please begin praying with us that his bone marrow would be cancer free and that he would be able to move freely into the maintenance phase of treatment? Thanks. A bunch.
12 comments:
I think he looks so cute! Kiss that sweet head of his & is he a lefty like me??!!
You know we will continue to pray & we hope you get to go home SOON!!
Man...I praise God for making the two of you to be Joshua's parents. I wonder if you realize how amazing God's plan is in giving the two of you to him. This whole thing is happening to Joshua when he is so young, yet he has wisdom from two God-taught parents to guide him through it. Be encouraged. Our Father intended for Joshua to be cared for by the two of you.
Looking good Joshua ... just like PaPaw, and just like daddy's chest!
Michael, I got three phone calls about how meaningful your talk was last night ... that NEVER happens, so praise God for your faithfulness. Sorry about the small crowd last night, but basketball tournaments and boys who love to watch the girls play them took precedent.
Praying for you guys, especially for the four weeks as you have asked.
I will pray very hard for your precious son...it really does pain me to hear all the things happening to someone so young...so I will def. pray for strength and healing for all of you..
I check in daily to see how Joshua is getting along. Jana, the kids at school still really miss you. My heart breaks for all of you! Joshua is so very lucky to have such wonderful parents and also to be near such a great hospital where he can receive the care he needs. We will continue to pray for you four (including your sweet baby girl) and pray that being so young he won't remember much of this. I know the day will come when he is able to go to the Doctor for a well check up and not be afraid.
Why do I think that Daddy would have that exact same face if he was getting a PaPaw haircut for himself?
Love y'all much. Still praying.
Each of you are an inspiration to me. Praying that God will give you the strength that only comes from Him. Praying that God will grant rest and peace to each of you. Praying He will continue to heal Joshua's body and knit together his precious baby sister. Press on. Each of you are prayed for. He still looks super cute to me! Holly T.
Half over!!! The no hair thing is a fad these days, just ask Andy Hicks. He thinks he started the craze........ My prayer if for the next four weeks to be "eventless" if that is a word?!?! The word normal has new meaning and my prayer if for all results to be in the "normal" range and for Joshua to be a "normal" kid. The only exception to this is the extraordinary linage of God- fearing, faithful people in his life. May peace be yours during all of these days. Love and prayers, Janna
Hey guys. I don't think I have ever left a comment yet, but I do get on here and check the updates all the time and pray. Our little guy, Hudson (almost a year old), was REALLY sick this past week--stuff contantly coming out of both ends for DAYS. I immediately thought of you guys and Joshua and how tired you must be--and not having any parents close by--UGH--and Jana, you're pregnant!! My word! I just wanted to leave a comment to let you know my heart is so heavy for you guys tonight. On my way up to bed tonight, I will go in and look at Hudson sleeping--and stand there for a minute and watch him as I ALWAYS do and pray for him. Tonight when I do that, I am going to be praying for Joshua--and you guys. I pray for rest for your weariness. The book of Romans comes to mind--the chapter isn't coming to me 8 or 10 maybe, but the part where it talks about hurting when our brothers hurt, mourning when they mourn, rejoicing when they rejoice. I certainly wish there was more I could do then hurt with you now, but I wanted you to know you have someone all the way up in Canada bearing your burdens. Man, hang in there.
Love,
Marcy (Griffin) Hallden
Joshua!
You look so handsome. I've been praying for you. God has such a special plan for your life. And I just can't wait to see what it is.
I couldn't have done it better myself! I think the "Papaw look" is great.
Hope you are all finding the strength and comfort of the Lord right now. You are always in my prayers! Julie h. (the hairdresser)
I can't wait to see Josh Wednesday!
JP
Post a Comment