Indeed it was. For a week Joshua lived it up, played in the dirt, climbed hillls with daddy, and hit the baseball. This afternoon, as Joshua was getting sunscreen on to go outside again, we got a call from the doctor. Apparently one of his blood samples from this week revealed he had some type of bacterial infection and they had decided to admit it to the hospital. So here we are again, except this time, Joshua doesn't feel bad at all. He will be on antiobiotics for a few days and that should take care of his infection.
However, working against us is the fact that his ongoing chemo treatments progressively lower his blood counts. So while we are really only here to be monitored and take antibiotics, his counts might be low enough on Tuesday or Wednesday (when they might release us) to hold us here until they come up again. And that will probably be at least 2 weeks. So it looks like it's probably either really short or another long one - your guess is as good as ours at this point.
But here's something really cool - because of Joshua's bad immune system, he really can't be around any kids his age because, let's face it - they're all sick. But here, in the hospital bubble, he has friends. He was really excited this afternoon to come back tot he hospital because he knew he would get to see and play with Charlie and Killian.
Incidentally, from 6:30 - 7:30 tonight Charlie and Joshua literally ran in circles around the 6th floor yelling, "We're running!" Even now, when I'm typing this, Joshua is falling asleep singing a song about Killian.
14 comments:
Sometimes joy has to be found in the little things. I continue to think of you and the situation often. I know it is hard on Jana and the coming baby, your marriage and just doing life. Your love and example for Joshua is a great testimony to who you are as a man and who Jana is as a woman.
Becca and i pray for you and learn from you often. Keep your head up.
J. Roger Davis
Abby, Luke and Caleb (and Kim and I too) continually pray for Joshua and his healing. There is not a meal that goes by nor a bedtime prayer that is said where they fail to remind us "Daddy, don't forget to pray for Joshua".
Though the kids don't fully understand what is happening to Joshua's body (nor do Kim and I pretend to understand how you feel as parents) we want to encourage you to press on. We are here for you.
We love you all-Cory, Kim, Abby, Luke and Caleb
I almost teared up when I read about joshua singing a song about Killian. To be going through what that little guy is going through and to sing a song about a friend...it is pretty inspiring. Actually, singing a song about a friend is inspiring all by itself! We should do that as adults.
Hang in there guys. Call me if you need anything at all. My prayers are with you.
Davy
So glad that he is feeling better. May God continue to encourage you by the fun little things he does. May he give each of you strength and peace. You all inspire me! the tims team
I pray for your family daily. It sounds like you have a strong little boy. Just remember everyday is one day closer to the end of this thing.
Jessica Trinidad (Anaya)
I LOVE that. I want to run around with Joshua!! If only we could all be more like him and take great joy in the moments God gives us. Thank you for letting us peer into yours!!
Danny and I are reading along and praying through the journey with you. Wish I could bring you a hot fudge sundae and hang out! Or a cherry limeade?? It's the little blessings...just like Joshua and that sweet baby girl on the way!! Love and miss you guys.
Azurae
Hey guys.
Just wanted you to know that Mike and I are reading this and praying for you often. I am inspired by your faith, your courage and your trust. Thank you for glorifying God even when you are faced with overwhelming circumstances. You are a remarkable family.
Much love and many prayers ~ Tawny
Thank you Lord that you have given Joshua joy in the midst of his suffering and that you are true to your word and we are never alone!
We continue to pray for all of you, for grace and strength to face each day. Thank you for being such wonderful examples of faithful Christian living.
Love,
Bob and Peggy
It is so good to see Joshua smiling:) I know you guys loved that time and it is always good to look at the positives, it's good that he has friends at the hospital that he enjoys playing with. Stay strong
Yay!!! It is so great to hear that Joshua is having good days and laughing. I love that he is running around- what a blessing to be reminded of what life to come will be like again one day- We love you guys!
Allyson and Gabe
How precious! God's so good to give Joshua a kindred spirit in the hospital. How good God is! I can't help it....got tears over this one! Still praying for healing and comfort!!
I was overjoyed to hear about Joshua's excitement to see his two friends. Praise God for the blessing of friends...and for songs.....and the times that Joshua can play in the dirt....and climb hills..and be silly and laugh and run and to state that he is in fact running...
I'm here for you guys if you need anything. just call. love ya, Bekah Nain
What a blessing for the small things. Praise the Lord that there are other children that Joshua can relate to and that he's not in this battle on his own. You and your family are in my prayers. I pray that you are blessed each day and that this would be a short stay for you guys.
Blessings--
Post a Comment