We are now officially through one week without fever. That hasn't happened in six weeks. Michael and I were so thankful that we both slept in (at least until the kids woke us up).
Joshua's blood counts were all way up. That is great news, but this life of leukemia is a bit tricky. Counts being up means that Joshua starts chemo all over again. They are starting him on much smaller doses at home to ease his body back into the rigor of the treatment, but next week Joshua starts his monthly treatments again. Next Wednesday, Joshua will receive intraveneous chemo, increase his oral chemo, and go back on steroid for at least five days. We haven't had to do steroids in a while because of the hospital stays. I can't say that I want to go back to the hospital, but going back on steroids is not very appealing either.
Joshua also got his first flu shot yesterday. Once again he proved to be the brave little one we all know and love. Michael and I are scheduled to have our shot next week and we are encouraging all of Joshua's sweet friends (young and old?) to do the same.
Please continue to pray that the antibiotic keeps the fever away and that Joshua responds well to the chemo dosing.
With counts high and the weather cool, Joshua, Andi and I are headed to the ZOO! Joshua is excited to see the monkeys. OOH OOH AHH AHH AHH!
3 comments:
The zoo will be sooo much fun! I will keep praying!
glad for a happy wednesday! praying for many more!
and you know i will make all of my family get flu shots!! :)
so glad you guys are back home and his counts are up--we will be doing the same thing next week-iv chemo, steriods-the whole bit. praying for you and hope that the transition to increased chemo goes smoothly.have a great time at teh zoo-i look forward to those days!
Post a Comment