So... writing from the hospital again. We went basically six months with no real indicents, and then we hit September. Since September 1, we have been to the ER 6 times, to the clinic 13 times, and spent 9 nights in the hospital. This is number 10.
Joshua got a good report at his clinic visit today; counts were up, looking good. Then he woke up from his nap with a 102 degree fever. Back to the clinic. Because this has happened with such frequency over this month, our doctor said it was time to take a "more aggressive approach" to finding out what's causing it. His thinking was that given the continuing nature of these fevers, maybe they are all being caused by the same thing. Now we try and figure out what that thing might be.
Just some possibilities - it might be a pocket of infection built up somewhere in Joshua's body, like in his belly or in his sinuses. And if that's the case, the infection might be viral. It might be fungal. It might be alot of things. But we'd sure like to know what it is so that it can be treated and we can quit coming back here every 2 days. Anyway, we were hoping that we could once again mobilize this army of praying friends for our little boy. There are alot of things about this hospital visit that feel weird to us - we looking for something else wrong with Joshua, there's more testing involved, and other stuff - it just feels more like the days when Joshua was first diagnosed with leukemia a year ago than we are comfortable with. So we're a little on edge.
Over the next few days, we are going to have alot of x-rays and cat scans to try and figure out what the deal is. So would you please pray that the doctors would find out quickly what's causing this fever and that it would be easily treatable once it's identified? It would mean alot to us.
14 comments:
I know you all don't know me, but I am praying for your sweet family. I went to Belmont and was a faithful Refuge attendee. I was directed to your blog by some Rolling Hills friends. I vividly remember Michael bringing Josh to Refuge when he was a sweet newborn! I certainly will be praying for your family now. I know that God is using you and Joshua now as He did that night!
I'm so sorry for all that you have been through lately. I will pray for God's swift hand of healing and wisdom for the doctors as to the root of the problem. I will also come visit tomorrow...love
This is Mom and Nana. I am so grieved to know you are back in the hospital with Joshua for such a time as this. We so love you and wish we could be there to ease your burdens just a little with homemade cookies or something.Our house in Canyon is really coming along. I am so glad for many reasons including being two hours closer to you.We will pray and ask other to stand in the gap for you too. Loving you all so much.
Praying diligently for Joshua, you, your family, and the doctors to find what they are looking for and treat it as swiftly as possible. Hang in there!
Praying for you! We are about to hit a rough patch in treatment. We went today and James is neutropenic. I hope they find what is going on quickly and you can get home. Thanks for your comments on our blog-it helps to know you have people walking alongside knowing what you are going through. We are thikning of you and praying for you.
will certainly be praying...
I am praying for you!
praying often ofr your family and especially Joshua!
I am so sorry that you are in the hospital again. I got your message the other day Jana, but I was in Michigan and just haven't had a chance to call you back. I'll try to call soon and see how Joshua is doing. I'll be praying you find answers soon.
Kim Porter (Angel Charlie's mommy)
praying for you all that God would bring answers and with that, peace and healing. i'm also praying that you all feel loved and comforted and carried by Him. i will see you soon. love,
g
Praying
-Andy P.
We are continuing to lift up Joshua in prayer at Mother's Day Out. Tell him that Mrs Christie and Mrs Sky miss him. We think of your family often and pray for strength and healing.
We LOVE you guys are we are praying.
Amy
Carrie and I ran across your blog this last weekend. There just aren't words to describe how gut-wrenching it was to read of Joshua's journey thus far. There is no other couple we've met to date that I believe could walk so closely with God during all of this. I know God has picked your family to be examples to so many of us of what a true walk with Christ can be. We are praying for all of your family members and asking that He would continue to hold Joshua and each of you in His arms.
Post a Comment