Well, I'm taking the plunge today and going. Jana has seen a really great counselor for the last year or so to help talk through this stuff with Joshua and our family. After repeated urgings from her, I have now accepted the fact that I, too, am crazy. Maybe this dude can help.
I'm not sure exactly what I expect to find there, except a forum to help me process exactly what I do feel. Which I don't know. It all gets really confusing, and I feel a little like I don't know myself nearly as well as I used to. So maybe that.
More later, but hopefully not so much that you feel awkward when meeting me outside the blogosphere...
4 comments:
Welcome to the world of the counseled. I never realized what a mess I was until I starting seeing a counselor.
-Andy P.
Yay for counselors! We love counselors! People don't just go to counselors because they're crazy or in need of help (let's change that outlook). A good counselor is someone who listens, brings out thoughts that you can't express, and gives you another outlook on life. Everyone needs a counselor in their life...even counselors need one. :) Besides, what better place to go and talk about yourself for an hour! :) Love you guys.
I am all about counselors. I went to one for a year while I was in college just to help me sort through everything that had occurred in my life up to that point. What a blessing.
You are not crazy. You are wise. we all need it. We just don't know it.
Post a Comment