Joshua had a great day on Saturday, even completing some home improvements with daddy (with only one extra hole drilled in the wall of the living room.) Then he took a bath, and got out saying he was so cold. And he couldn't get warm. Then the fever came, so we called the ER. And we said the dreaded word: chills.
Apparently "chills" can be an indication that there is an infection in his central line, the port in his chest through which he gets his chemo every 4 weeks. So even though his fever wasn't high and hasn't returned, and even though his counts look good, here we sit on the 6th floor in our own little room of the children's hospital.
The docs have taken some blood cultures to make sure there's no infection; so far so good and they're not really concerned. Nevertheless, the word is 48 hours for observation. The good news is that this is one of the few times we have been in the hospital where Joshua has been well enough to leave his room, so we can actually get out in the hospital a little and look around. Hopefully we won't be here too long.
3 comments:
Jana,
I'm so sorry to hear that, especially after him feeling so good on Saturday. We will be praying for good results and a short stay. Uggh, the dreaded hospital stays. I was so thankful for the Internet during ours. It can feel like there is no outside world sometimes! God bless you all. Love, the Peabodys
Michael and Jana,
I just wanted you to know that I have been praying for your family for the past 2 years! I don't leave comments anymore, but you have been continually on my prayer list. I hope Joshua gets to go home soon.
hole in the living room wall. I thought you people were drilling the tree stump that was outside. How did this happen. Do I need to monitor my tools?
Post a Comment