Yes, I fell into the trap of answering this tag on Facebook so I thought I would share it here also. It actually turned out to be quite fun.
1. I love Dr. Pepper. I drink it every day.
2. I am crazy competitive about most things. I've gotten much better about this. (Right Michael?)
3. I run a lot. I enjoy it, but mostly I do it so I can eat whatever I want.
4. I eat whatever I want. I rarely choose healthy foods.
5. Everyday before Michael comes home, I like to put on lipstick and comb my hair.
6. I am proud that my almost 2 year old can say, "Starbucks."
7. Spring weather is my favorite. Every year, on the first warm day, I buy a magazine, go to a park, and paint my toenails. (Michael kindly watches the kids)
8. Bravo reality TV is some of my favorite. I can't get enough of Top Chef and Project Runway.
9. My secret dream is to be a dancer like the ones on "So You Think You Can Dance" 10. I enjoy studying the Bible with women, but don't like being called "Beloved" "Sister" or any of the other girly terms that come when Christian girls get together.
11. I can't stand to watch cartoons that are made for adults. What's the point?
12. I love having people in my home. If you stay past our kids' bedtime there is strong chance you'll be asked to play Scrabble with us.
13. Hearing my children giggle is my favorite sound.
14. I think about December 20, 2009 all the time...the last day of Joshua's treatment. 15. For the first time in 10 years, I love my church.
16. I worked summer camp one year at Student Life. I was the Black Team leader and lead youth groups in a cheer that included something like, "Black Attack! Black Attack!" I wish I could have those days back. Not my thing.
17. I love being married to Michael. There is no one I have more fun with.
18. It would be impossible for me to wear any more clothes to bed than I do every night. (sweatshirt, pants, socks...the works)
19. Finding a good deal with coupons and such has become a game for me. Which is great since I'm so competitive.
20. I enjoy reading. I feel smart when I read books about theology and history, but I love to read Christian fiction novels. Cheesy!
21. I am a very methodical TV watcher. I check DVDs out from the library, watch it on-line, and NOW I have Tivo. My favorite series are Felicity, Gilmore Girls, Friday Night Lights, Bones, and Arrested Development.
22. Getting stuff done during nap time stresses me out. Everyday when the kids go to sleep I get a treat of some kind and work on my methodical TV watching or my Christian fiction.
23. Michael says there are 2 of me. State-side Jana who likes to do her hair and is overly particular about food preparation. After 3 international trips together, he says there is also world-traveler Jana who doesn't mind cold showers, undercooked meats and body odor. I guess I put up a good front.
24. Michael and I got married when we were 20. We tried to rent a car on our honeymoon and they said they didn't rent to minors. So, we used public transportation all over Lake Tahoe. Very romantic!
25. I thought I loved Jesus 5 years ago, before I had kids. I did, but I become increasingly more aware of my need for grace and my fight for joy alongside Him who is able.
Two years ago I was tagged to do this on my blog and I couldn't think of anything that didn't involve Joshua's Leukemia. Wow how things can change. This was freeing.
As for tagging someone else...I'll tag you all. I love reading this stuff.
8 comments:
Fun. You must have had a lot of time on your hands to write out 25. :) I think you should have added "the gift of hospitality" to your cheesy girly terms. Can't we come up with a better term?
Speaking of cheesy girl terms, I don't like them at all--but you left out "princess" because we are daughters of the king! That might be the worst one for me! Love you!
Ummm ... ditto to #16. I might be a better person if I had that dignity back.
(p.s. you forgot The Hills)
I just love reading your blog, because I missed seeing this on FB. I am still so encouraged by you, even though our paths don't cross right now! I did this list on FB too and it was fun : )
i loved yours!!! jason asked me if i EVER put on lipstick or brush my hair before he comes home...uhhh i don't even own lipstick. i think that is great though! i hear an amazing dinner may be in our near future! i am so excited! talk with you soon!
Ok, so I am totally one of your blog stalkers. I love reading Michaels too!
I have a great memory of you and DP's! I remember living in that tiny apartment with the 3 of us and you ALWAYS had Dr Pepper in the fridge. That's when I started drinking it. I would like to thank you for the 5 extra pounds I carry due to that.
Tamra
O.k. first - how are we not friends on facebook yet??
Second, #5 is totally sweet. Kindof Donna Reed-ish, but I love DOnna Reed.
#9 Ha ha! Me too!
#10 and 11 -we're the same
and #18 is hilarious
I love your list!
Jana
Just came upon your blog from facebook
so, now I know you more and would like you to be my friend.
sound good?
ha!
Post a Comment