As usual, Joshua has taken every bit of this in perfect stride, enjoying his time at the clinic and resting very well at home. Michael has been very flexible with work schedule, working after the kids are in bed to make sure he can help as much as possible. And Andi has grown used to playing wherever and with whomever with an ever-present smile on her face. I love my family and there are none better for me to live this crazy life beside.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
An Update
This week has been a roller coaster with Joshua's sickness. He has felt icky and kept a fever for about 2 days, but his blood counts have remained high enough to keep us sleeping in our beds, only visiting the clinic and not staying in the hospital. Unfortunately, Joshua's counts dropped significantly today even though he is feeling a bit better. They did not drop quite enough to keep us over night. But if they drop again tonight, they will admit us tomorrow. Either way, tomorrow, Joshua will receive intravenous chemo and antibiotics and more chemo through his spinal fluid. It will be a long day that we hope ends with another night in our own beds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Jana - Praying for you guys! Please let me know if you need any help!
Christi
We love you and your family as well. Hope you are getting in some rest along with the kiddos. Praying for tomorrow.
So sorry for all this trouble for our young Birthday guy. I agree you have the best of the best with your family. love all of you dearly. Your mom and nana
Praying that all goes well and Joshua's counts improve. We love you all!
Jana-I have been thinking about Joshua and the family this week. I, too, will pray that his counts be where they are supposed to be and that God's hands be in tomorrow's treatment. My grandmother is still here. A very sad situation and we are praying for God's intervention. I appreciate your help on Sunday. Let me know if I can do anything for you guys.
I love you guys. You will all be in my prayers tonight and tomorrow.
Post a Comment